Tuition Fee Waiver For Full-time Master Degree Studies
Tuition waiver will be awarded to the most motivated and competent international non-EU/EEA student applying for Master’s degree programme of Eastern European and Russian studies. This scholarship only covers the full cost of the tuition fee.
How to apply:
All international students wishing to take the Master’s degree programme in Eastern European and Russian studies must apply online using the University Admission website.
More information about admission procedure can be found here.
To apply for this programme, you need Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent and English level of B2*. The selection criterion is based on the weighted average of all grades recorded in the transcript of your academic report (50%) and the evaluation of your motivation (motivational essay + interview) (50%). The dates of the interviews will be published in April.
*In order to apply for Master’s degree program, you are not required to submit a certificate of English language knowledge (IELTS or TOEFL scores), nevertheless, you will need an official English language certificate to apply for state/University grants.
Full-time PhD studies
Selection of candidates is based on an evaluation of a short description of a prospective research project
Prospective research project (appr. 20 000 symbols) in the area of political science includes:
1. A prospective topic of scientific research
2. Assessment of originality, the relevance of the topic as well as major research in the area;
3. Aims and purposes of the research, preliminary hypothesis, if applicable;
4. Research methods;
5. Major literature sources (10 positions appr.)
The prospective research project is evaluated by the Admission commission. The Commission makes a decision concerning the admission of a candidate on the basis of evaluation of the research project and interview with a candidate. During the interview, a candidate may be asked to comment on his/her research project and answer the related questions and remarks.
Detailed information on the admission to VU doctoral programs and deadlines for submission of documents will be published later.
External PhD studies
To apply for the external doctoral studies, a candidate has to:
1. Have a master’s degree or its equivalent;
2. Have been published two articles with the mains results of his/her research (articles have to be published or submitted to press in the publications as identified by the Government of Lithuania
3. Have been prepared a doctoral dissertation
Application and admission
The application with all required enclosures must be mailed via regular (air) mail or by an international courier service. E-mailed or faxed applications or enclosures will not be processed. Submission of documents and admission to the doctoral program takes place in June. Detailed information on the admission to VU doctoral programs and deadlines for submission of documents will be published later.
Applicants will have to submit to the Office of Doctoral and Postdoctoral Studies the following documents:
1. an application addressed to the Rector;
2. a copy of the passport or any other valid identification card;
3. copies of the Master’s diploma or of a higher education diploma equivalent to it and their supplements;
4. Curriculum Vitae;
5. a completed questionnaire with a photo;
6. a short description of a prospective research project;
7. a list of research works and their copies, conference presentations, works awarded at academic competitions (if there is any);
8. recommendations by two academic referees from the topic of the relevant field of science;
9. a certificate of assessment of academic qualifications issued by the Centre for Quality Assessment in Higher Education (if it is asked);
10. 15 Eur instalment cheque.
The decision concerning the admission is made by the faculty of Vilnius University, responsible for the implementation of the doctoral study program, to which a candidate applied.
The faculty decides whether the submitted dissertation meets the requirements and can be defended without corrections/amendments or with minor amendments, as well as to which doctoral exams a candidate has to pass before the defence. If more substantial amendments are necessary, the faculty decides whether the dissertation can be finalized within one year. A supervisor is appointed to guide the finalization of the dissertation.
If the faculty decides that the dissertation cannot be finalized within one year, the application to external doctoral studies is rejected.
The following topics of doctoral dissertations in political science at the IIRPS VU were approved by the Doctoral Committee (protocol No. DK-2019-02) on March 18th, 2019
Submission of documents and admission to the doctoral program takes place in June. For detailed information about admission to VU doctoral programs and deadlines for submission of documents, please visit VU page.
Application for doctoral studies and scanned copies of necessary documents should be uploaded online at any time from June 3rd until June 25th, 12:00. The request may be corrected by the enroller by 25th of June, 12:00. Scientific projects should be sent until 21st of June, 12:00 by email email@example.com. The interview for doctoral studies will take place on June 27th, 2019, 10 a.m. at VU TSPMI, room 119.